Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Bri-guy had a birthday :)

So last week was Brian's birthday.  I love that boy so much!  Last year, I was so nervous for his birthday because I could not think of one darn thing that I wanted to give him or anything he even needed.  He always says he has everything he needs.  This year though, I was ready for him.  I was listening for anything he mentioned he needed so I could get it. I definitely listened and figured out what he needed.  He kept seeing the online statements and was wondering what in the world I was buying for him and he was getting a little nervous.  The night before his birthday, I got all his presents from under the bed and wrapped them.  I got too excited looking at the presents as I wrapped them.  I loved making the excuse the night before Brians birthday that we should open up just one of his presents..So we did..Then we opened all the other ones....oopsie!

 One of the gifts was a blender.  No this is not symbolic of me being the bread winner and him being the homemaker (get off my back, Father of the Bride).  He just loves making smoothies...and ours broke recently.  I used one of our wedding gift cards that we still have and went out and got him one! Although he did not specifically say he needed anything for his birthday, just like last year, I heard him say he needed a new backpack.  I also know that I am going to be driving to and from work and he will be biking for clinicals at 5am, so I got him a bike light so he wont get hit by anyone. 

He said his birthday was perfect as we went to green lantern, out to texas roadhouse, ate ice cream with friends, etc.  Yesterday though, I realized what he truly was looking forward to...He ordered this last week around his birthday..  Hmm..He doesnt want anything?  Apparently, that is not true.. Look what we got in the mail yesterday...

Lol...He sure is cute..Im happy he got something he wanted and not just things he needed.  Happy Birthday, Boy.  I love you.  :)

2 comments:

  1. tell uncle brian happy bday for me
    carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe <3 what a good day!! (not to mention how awesome it is that he shares a birthday with scooby doo... gosh, you have a cool husband)

    ReplyDelete