Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Europe: part 5



Salzburg and Landshut:

Brian woke up at 7:30 that morning and I said to him that I needed more sleep.  I should have just gotten up with him because our roommate was still in the room sleeping too.  Finally at 8, I started to wake up and our roommate was getting out of bed too.  It was extremely awkward because Brian was out of the room down the stairs on the internet or something.  I just jumped off my bunk, grabbed my clothes I set out the night before and ran to the bathroom, changed and came back in.  I was brushing my hair and wondering where Brian could be and how awkward I felt to have a guy that wasn’t Brian in the room with me.  AWKWARD.  I survived though.  I left quickly and found Brian heading back to our room..probably to wake me up.  He was surprised to see me up and ready to roll.  We stopped in and got some breakfast at the hostel café, then we left to see the last things we had missed the previous day in Salzburg.  We went to the mirabell gardens and walked around there for a while.  We found this beautiful statue..Brian hugged it :)
Unicorns, I love them, Uni Uni Uni-corns



This place was super pretty with so many beautiful flowers
After Mirabell gardens, we found the old cemetery featured in the Sound of Music. 

We lounged around the city making tons and tons of gelato stops.  We actually walked into an area that had a beautiful fountain.  As we were coming up to the fountain, we noticed there were some fun little games sitting on the ground.   We enjoyed those games for about an hour trying to master them.  They dominated us though.  I did take a picture of Brian finding a unicycle and riding around the fountain, but it will not be added in this blog for fitness sake.  






















We then headed back to our hostel, grabbed our bags and got on the train for Landshut. Talk about the train ride from hell.  The train we got on was a two car, no air conditioning, old junker train.  The train was two hours that felt like four. There were some weird people on that train that tried to sell us underwear.  Our poor German Chocolate melted too!  Way to improvise Bri guy!


We finally  got to Landshut and met up with with Brian’s old branch president named Brother Auras. He took us the long way home and showed us the city a bit.  We went to his house and had a barbeque with the missionaries and brother Aurus' lovely family.  They had so many different kinds of meats and delicious sides! The missionaries were fun to see as well because Brian talked about the good old days on his mission with them.  They talked with each other about converts that Brian had, reactivation of some members, and much more.  Brother Aurus treated us that night to some gelato.  We talked a lot together eating speaking German, etc. 
(taken in Salzburg)

We took over one of Brother Aurus’s boy’s room that night and slept so well.  We sure loved staying with the Aurus Family.

2 comments:

  1. you guys are awesome! this trip seems like it was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog, honey. Good stuff, pictures are amazing! I love the one of the up close flower. What great and weird experiences you had. The roommate one took the prize. so awkward! Thanks for writing it down for us. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete