Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween, Mothers and stuffed peppers

I must admit that Friday night's football game was not fully watched by me or Brian.  Instead, we left at half time to go to our ward party.  I was happy to leave because we were losing pretty badly.  Brian and I had an enjoyable time.  He dressed up as THOR and I went as .....people called me the sexy kitten.  I meant to be cat woman.  Whatever works though.  I really had a favorite outfit, and that was for sure Kyle and Ashlan's monkey suit with their new born Madeline as the banana they were fighting over.  Ashlan made their outfits!  How adorable! 


Next we had a picture with Bat man 2x cat woman and THOR!!


Not going to lie to you..Brian was the strongest one up there for the best costume!  They had a dance off, but brian cant dance, so he did the next best thing....PUSHUPS!

 What halloween party is complete without the doughnut eating contest?  Nothing compares!!

Oh, did I tell you I am slightly a fan of this baby?  cuz I am...  

My mom came into town on Saturday. It was fun to have her for a couple of hours because she is going to be leaving in about 20 days for Cypress, in the Athens, Greece mission.  I am so happy for them.  Before my mom came, she ordered one of my finest meals for Saturday night's dinner.  We had stuffed peppers!  My mom raved about them for hours!  I was really happy with her excitement.  She really loved it and said dad would probably never eat it though.  Here is a picture of my masterpiece!!
Seriously, delish

Recipe from the Flake Family cookbook
Stuffed Peppers (Sarah Flake)

6 lg bell peppers
1lb lean ground beef
2T onion, chopped (Brian and I dont like onions..and dont put this in)
1 C rice, cooked
1tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
3/4 C mozzarella cheese, grated

Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper.  Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers.  Cook peppers in enough boiling water to cover them, about 5 minutes just until soft.  Drain.  Cook beef and onion in 10 inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is brown; drain.  Stir in rice, salt, garlic and 1 cup of tomato sauce; cook until hot.  Heat oven to 250 degrees.  Stuff peppers with beef mixture.  Stand upright in ungreased square baking dish 8x8x2 inches.  Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.  Cover and bake 45 minutes.  Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender.  Sprinkle with cheese and serve

3 comments:

  1. look at you little chef boyardee! haha I'm pretty sure I spelled that totally wrong. How are you? You look so happy and pretty! I miss you! You have to promise that even while mom and dad are gone you'll come visit ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny! when we went to our ward Halloween party the kids said mom, why don't you dress up. I said people who dress up for Halloween are weird. I still stand by that statement! jk But your peppers look hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i like your costume name! and thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete