Friday, May 13, 2016

Rainbow Baby

A "rainbow baby" is a baby that is born following a miscarriage or still birth.

In the real world, a beautiful and bright rainbow follows a storm and gives hope of things getting better. The rainbow is more appreciated having just experienced the storm in comparison.


In October 2016, Brian and I will finally be able to hold a precious little rainbow baby, and we can't be more excited.  To announce on social media, we went and took tons of pictures when I was 12 weeks along.  My favorite of the day was taken randomly. It began to sprinkle on us while we were on a trail coming back to our car from a castle on the Rhine.  When we got to the car, we grabbed the water out, ate some snacks, and enjoyed the view of the Rhine.  We started the car and began driving off, when I saw something beautiful over the Rhine!  


The rainbow appeared, and I asked Brian to park the car so we could get a picture of me and that rainbow!

My sister told me a story about her sweet daughter a long time ago. Her little girl was pointing out the car window to a beautiful rainbow in the distance. She asked my sister about the rainbow and how it was made.  Instead of explaining how after the rainstorm - a rainbow will appear, she said "Jesus knew you would be looking out the window, and wanted to give you a beautiful rainbow to look at today." My sister said her child became quiet, and continued to look in awe at the beautiful colors in the sky.  They were, after all, for her!

Moments after Brian took the picture of me with the rainbow over the Rhine, the rainbow disappeared. It was like it was meant for me.

To end, I am so thankful for this pregnancy! I am thankful for the other pregnancies as well, for I am even more excited to snuggle up with my long-awaited baby coming in October.


We liked this one, but Brian didn't like the fact he looked scared. We are too excited for our baby! 




4 comments:

  1. Love this post! It was so sweet. I don't think i can say it enough, we are SO HAPPY for you!!!! :) I love that you're blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. replica bags delhi fake gucci a8x79k8v81 zeal replica bags 7a replica bags meaning why not find out more b6j77j9k35 replica bags 168 mall go to website x8y07y5j58 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags high quality m1m20u2x64

    ReplyDelete