Saturday, March 5, 2011

Enchiladas

So, I have tried to stick to one of my goals for the new year, which is to cook at least one new thing a week.  I really didn't do it in January.  Sad, I know.  Anyway, so I decided to do a dish just the other day.  I looked through my Flake Family Cookbook and found the best thing I could find.  I found something to help consume the 60 + tortillas in our fridge (thanks to brian's bulk buy): Enchiladas!  In the cookbook, they are called Cheesy Beef Enchiladas by Carin C.
All it asks for is:
1 lb ground beef
2 C. Salsa
2 C or 3/4 lb Velveeta Cheese
10 Flour tortillas

Directions:
Brown meat; drain.  Stir in 1/2 cup salsa and half of the cheese.  Then, spread 1 C salsa in a 9 X 13 in dish.  Place meat mixture down the center of each tortilla.  Roll up.  Place tortillas, seam side down on salsa in dish.  Top with remaining salsa and cheese.  Bake at 350 Degrees for 20 minutes.


It was fun to make for sure.  When the food was almost cooked, I realized we had way too much and we needed some other mouths to help us eat it.  We called our neighbors Trever and Mandy who were also making dinner.  We decided it would be fun to have a potluck.  They came down with yummy chicken and potatoes and a wonderful salad.  Thanks for sharing with us guys!


 

5 comments: