Wednesday, July 22, 2015

More Oklahoma

Shortly after the reunion ended, Brian went home to get back to work.  It was sad to see him leave, but I was able to stay with my parents and sisters about 10 extra days!  I was able to take some of the girls to frontier city one of the days I was there...
Great group! Spencer also came. He is taking the photo.
We had a good 5 hours at the theme park.  Alley got sick on one of the new rides. We rode it 3 times in a row and Alley came off looking a little green.  These two, however, had a party! They went a 4th time while we sat by Alley off the side of the ride...


Elizabeth and Katie
One can't resist going on the "pirate ship" ride! I assume everyone knows what ride that is.

Riding some ride that jostled me so hard, there wasn't any way I was going to ride a 2nd time

That weekend, I met up with Grant, Mark and their wives at a cabin near Arkansas for a weekend of boating.  It was so fun! It was definitely the highlight of my trip being there with them. Ryan and Carson were also there, and entertained us on the boats with the insane flips Ryan would attempt.  Everyone else got time to swim, surf, and sun tan though!

Leif and Grant Surfing

Roma taking a nap with Samantha

Maren and Leif about to jump in!!
The food that was cooked up at the cabin was so delicious! I can't believe how prepared Samantha, Maren, Jess (Ryan's wife) and Sam (Carson's wife) were for the trip! On Sunday, we all went to a small branch near the Grand Lake. It was kinda neat to be in a branch again.  It gets pretty informal during sacrament meeting. Ha!

On Monday, My mom hosted a baby shower for Samantha.  I was able to make this blanket for Samantha! It took a full 24 working hours to complete. Each flower took about 10 minutes! It was so worth it for Samantha though.


Oklahoma was a success! I left Oklahoma on the 25th of June with Shantelle! It was fun to drive the 17 hours to Utah with her.  We talked about her boyfriend Dakota most of the way, and sang the rest of the way! (This post is actually pretty late. Shantelle and Dakota are now engaged and will be married at the end of August).  She went on to see Kaylee up in Idaho for her wedding on the 27th of June.

8 comments:

  1. Hey! loved reading your blog posts. you've had such an adventurous summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVED having you around this summer! You are a party hound! Thanks for your love and time with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only suggestion I have for your blog is that you tell us when you have a new post up, okay? I honestly forget to check and before I know it I am 10 posts behind~ Sorry. Your very slow mom

    ReplyDelete