Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Mid-End of 2015 adventures

Time to play a little catch up!!
Last year in July, the extended Christensen family had a reunion.  It was so fun! We all met up in Melba ID for the reunion.  I actually had a very scary flare up where all my joints were swollen.  I couldn't do a lot, but I enjoyed talking to my cousin, Melodie for a lot of the reunion.  She is so positive and such a strength to me.
Gretchen, Shantelle and Me at the reunion.
 My birthday was at the end of July and Brian was amazing and took me to the City Creek Center in Salt Lake to go shopping! We hardly bought anything..The highlight was going to PF Changs for dinner!! I just love their lettuce wraps.  Brian is so kind and always spoils me on my birthday.
Us in City Creek, Salt Lake
 In August, We had the opportunity to be at this cute little boys baby blessing in Spanish Fork.  Trever and Mandy are one of our nearest and dearest friends. We love them so much and wish we still lived close enough to come attend their ward right after ours.  (more on our location later..)
Mandy, Jacob, Me, Brian, Trever
 August was also interesting as Brian and I were in charge of our ward's youth conference! It was really one of the hardest callings I have ever had.  l think I know better now how I would do a youth conference in the future, so I did learn a lot from the experience.
Youth conference group (with Brian) trying to do a team building activity.
We also had the chance to go hiking in August in the Timponogos caves with our friends Brady and Laura.  They are such an inspiring couple to be around.  We love them and miss them as well.

What??!?  August was also an unexpected 3rd trip out  to Oklahoma for Shantelle's wedding!  I can't believe this girl is married.  She met her husband who was selling pest control for a different company in OKC for the summer.  His name is Dakota Atwood.  He is 1 of 12 kids and is perfect for Shantelle.  He has family in Mississippi and Utah, so they were able to have their reception 1 mile from our home in Utah a week after their wedding.
Beautiful Bride, Shantelle

Shantelle's Utah reception (Sorry, no photo of Dakota...oops)
 In June, Brian did a Spartan Race. If you don't know what that is, there are 3 types, Spartan Sprint, Spartan Super, and Spartan..uh..I can't remember.. The bigger one.  Brian did the Super! He is awesome.  It is an 8-12 mile run with about 20 obstacles to get through.  If you fall off an obstacle, or do not complete it, you would have to stand on the side and do 20 burpees.  No one likes those!! Brian had a goal to not have to do any burpees, and he met his goal!  He finished in a little less than 3 hours.  He is so impressive! I love him.
Look at his ribcage....Crazy!!!
 In September, Brian and I made a decision to move from Utah to travel nurse.  Travel nursing provides a lot of money if it is something you and your family can do.  We figured with no kids, it was the perfect opportunity to take advantage of a move to Boise ID!  We ended up living right next to Brian's parents, which was such a blessing. One of our first weeks living in Boise, we met up with Brian's high school friend Nate and his amazing wife, Noelle.
We went to a fun movie together!
 Brian began working nights at the Boise hospital in Labor and Delivery.  Before I started working at my 2 jobs I got in Idaho, I went with my parents, Mark, Samantha, and little baby June to Washington.  It was so fun!  We found the best place for clam chowder off of a ferry ride Jennifer took us on.  Even though we missed the ferry back to the car, and had to walk around for an hour or so, it was soon fun.  Jennifer always knows how to make a party happen
October brings some scary mutual activities! This is Lucy Miller.
 It was so fun to take a small hike one morning right near Jennifers house with Jennifer and Samantha.  It was so gorgeous.  We took a day trip down to Seattle for the Wharf and some more clam chowder...oh and the mini donuts to die for!  We stumbled upon a famous wall in Seattle.  We had to take a picture.
Cuties

The Gum wall in Seattle
One awesome advantage of living in Boise was seeing where Brian grew up. His mom is an amazing person as I got to know her tons better.  She is inspiring in every way.  We loved riding the Boise Green Belt with her.  She has an amazing love for her family, and even her in laws! I love her for that.
The Green Belt with Mom
 Yes, I did something I have seriously always wanted to do! I worked at a fast food restaurant! You know what is interesting, I have a new love for Chick-fil-A after working there.  They are great people with amazing values.  Really? What fast-food chain is closed on Sunday to worship? Amazing.  For Halloween, I was privileged to be Cinderella for the princess party we threw at Chick-fil-A.  It was really fun having little girls come up to me to take pictures, etc.  I did get a second job (sadly, no pictures) at Target! That was probably actually bad. That store took my paychecks and deposited it right back into their store.  I bought so much crap from them because of the discount I got there.  Haha. It was a great job, none the less.
Cinderella 2015
 Alright, Brian could be the best husband ever!!! He got me out of work at Chick-fil-A in October to go down to Salt Lake City to see one of my all-time favorite singers. GARTH BROOKS!  Even though he was on night shift schedule, he sacrificed sleep to go with me down there.  He is seriously so awesome.  One thing I loved most about the concert was the fact that Garth sang the old stuff.  Everyone loves 'friends in low places','baton rouge', 'if tomorrow never comes', and 'beaches of cheyenne'!
One of the happiest days ever...
 Let me dote on Brian just a little more..He really does treat me so well.  For Christmas, He bought me tickets to go to Bali in February of 2016!  I was sooooo excited.  Those updates will be next!  He knows how to make a girl happy.  Sometimes life can get hard, and he is always there for me.  I love him for that.  He never tells me to just buck up..  He makes me feel better and takes care of me.  He is amazing..

Bali Happiness - Christmas 2015
The light of my life


1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all these blog posts! Keep them coming :) we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete