Wednesday, April 20, 2016

January 2016

January 2016
Brian and got sick with the flu on Christmas.  It lasted for weeks.  Meanwhile, I also got super sick with him.  For some reason we had no food in our house to make even a simple soup.  Another reason I was so grateful to have my in laws so close to us.  I called my mother in law and told her that I could barely move and that we had no food in our house.  She jumped at the chance to come over.  She said she would come over with a can of soup.  When I got off the phone with her, my only thought was..ok, I have 1 and 1/2 hours to get to the door to unlock it so she can come in the house. Brian was still on night shift, so when I was awake, he was asleep. We were alone for the most part with our sicknesses.  Mornings were the worst, and I think it was that way for Brian too.  His morning was 5 pm when I was able to at least move around a little.  

After that torture was over, both of us had the chance to be with our separate families for one of the last times.  I flew to Oklahoma for the last time in the foreseeable future, and Brian went to Idaho Falls with his mom to see Jeff, Shayla and their kids.  The reason we may not visit again for a while is because this month, we were told Brian received a nursing position at the Landstuhl, Germany Regional Medical Center!  Brian was completely thrilled to be able to go back to Germany.  He loved his mission and loves the people of Germany.  I was just grateful I quit my job in Lehi last April - and that I was able to visit family so much in 2015.  It made me feel a little better about moving so far away!  

Oklahoma was a ton of fun.  Grant, Mark, Maren, and Samantha flew me out to babysit their three cute kids while they went to Hawaii.  They flew me out a few days early so I could hang out with my parents and older brothers before all the brothers took off for Hawaii.  There was a lot of Hot Tubbing and discussion.  I live for that! I don't contribute much to the talk, but I love listening to my brothers and what their opinions on things are.  Once everyone flew out, it was just me, the 3 little kids, and my parents.  I was grateful to have my mom there because at the beginning, I couldn't figure out how people even leave the house with three kids! By the end of the 10 days, I was a pro! I felt pretty proud of myself.

Here are some pictures of Brian and My trips in January:  

Mom, Jeff and Oakley




Sam and Brian

Me and Cutie pants, Roma

Me, Leif and Roma

June can pray at only 6 months!

1 comment: